1 victim is 2 many
If you are a victim of sexual violence, you are not alone and are in no way responsible for your assault.
If you, or someone you know, has experienced a sexual assault or sexual misconduct, safety is of the utmost importance. You may take the following steps to ensure your safety:
- Call 911 immediately if you believe you are in danger.
- Get to a safe place or call a supportive friend.
- Call the confidential OSU-Tulsa Victim Advocate at 918-200-5595.
- Call the confidential local 24 hour Rape Crisis Line at 918-743-5763.
- Do not shower, bathe, douche, change or destroy clothes; do not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum; do not take any medications. Preserving evidence for possible criminal prosecution is important.
- Seek medical help to gather evidence for possible criminal prosecution and for treatment of any possible injuries.
- Decide whether to file a report with one or all of the following:
- OSU-Tulsa University Police at 918-594-8123
- Tulsa Police Department at 918-596-9222
- OSU-Tulsa Student Conduct Office at 918-594-8234
- You may also contact Domestic Violence Intervention Services of Tulsa at 918-585-3163.
If you are unsure whether a particular incident is a form of sexual misconduct, read definitions here.